Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Composition

These composition pictures were really hard for me to get. At the time I had gotten my wisdom teeth removed and wasn't feeling very good. The only time I got off the couch was to take these.

Rule of Thirds
I was following my dogs around the house and it's really hard for me to get a picture of Honey because
she moves so much. So this picture is really rare.
Shutter: 1/40
Aperture: f/3.8
Focal Length: 9.4 mm
ISO: 800



Diagional Lines
This is a picture of the bank that my mom had to go to. It was the tallest building I could find, so I did the best I
could at taking as many pictures as I could.
Shutter: 1/250
Aperture: f/3.1
Focal Length: 6.3 mm
ISO: 64


Curved Lines
I took this picture because I liked the way the plant curved. It was hard to isolate the trees though. So I did my best.
Shutter: 1/100
Aperture: f/3.1
Focal Length: 6.3 mm
ISO: 400

Leading Lines
I like this picture because you can see the reflection of the flag in the building and the sun is shining off the corner of
the building. I thought those things made this a really cool picture.
Shutter: 1/160
Aperture: f/7.8
Focal Length: 6.3 mm
ISO: 64
Horizontal Lines
I like this picture because this building has an unusual shaped roof and the contrast between the building and nature are cool.
Shutter: 1/320
Aperture: f/5.1
Focal Length: 15.7 mm
ISO: 64

1 comment:

  1. The last "horizontal lines" picture is a neat photo! I like the colors of the building and the sky and how the tree looks in front of the building! A suggestion, I would try to crop it and take the distracting things out of the frame. I would crop it to the first window on the left side, and crop to the last window on the right, and crop it from the bottom up to the bottom of the tree, so that all you have is a little ground, some sky, and just the one side of the building and the windows and the tree. then your subject of contrast between nature and the building is narrowed down more and more noticeable! Give it a try! Also maybe boost the saturation to make the colors pop! Nice picture!

    ReplyDelete