Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Winter Nature

When I think of winter nature, I think of snow, animals, and anything growing and alive in the winter. The pictures I took are of things in nature that people can't control sometimes.



This is a tree root  that fell over and was slowly getting buried by snow. I like this picture because of how busy
it is. But it's also very calm. There's all sorts of twigs in the snow from the fallen tree.
Shutter Speed: 1/125
Aperture: f/4.6
Focal Length: 13.1 mm
ISO: 64



I took this picture because it's of trees that used to be planted each year
to be cut down for paper mills. But the trees have slowly started to grow out of that
normal routine.
Shutter Speed: 1/160
Aperture: f/ 5.6
Focal Length: 18.9 mm
ISO: 64


This is a picture of a tree root with a squirrel nest or a bird nest in it. I took this picture because you get an understanding of how hard it is to live in a small hole in the winter. There is also dog prints in this picture and
it makes me think of how hard it is for them to live so close to the ground and not get killed.


Shutter Speed: 1/80
Aperture: f/ 5.1
Focal Length: 15.7 mm
ISO: 64


This is a picture of a roll of fence behind the dog house. We put it there because the mice were digging
holes under the dog house. I like this picture because there's a contrast
between the hard, tough, metal wire and the soft, white, cold snow.



Shutter Speed: 1/60
Aperture: f/ 5.1
Focal Length: 15.7 mm
ISO: 64


This is a picture of a fallen tee. I love how it's suspended in the air by the other trees.
But all the leaves are dead and shriveled. It makes me think that the other trees didn't want that tree
to die and they are forever trying to bring it back to life.


Shutter Speed: 1/160
Aperture: f/ 3.1
Focal Length: 6.3 mm
ISO: 64


5 comments:

  1. I really like the second one! i like how the shadows make it get darker the farther you go back in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the picture of the trees that were for the paper mill because its of all one color and there are no leaves on any of them, and then the snow for the second color. What I really like is the blue sky in the way back that you can barely see and you can barely see the grass from a field or something in the back also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the second picture! I like how the chaos of the trees in front seem to descend into order the farther back it goes. The lighting on the snow is really neat too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your picture of the fence would look nice in black and white and with more contrast. I do like the second picture of all of the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though the chain link fence really isn't nature, it is my favorite photo. I think it's the contrast between man made and nature and the textures are very different as well.

    ReplyDelete