Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Arboretum

 I like this picture because the leaf is really big and the grass covers it a little. I tried to turn it into black and white but it didn't look right, everything was kind of dark and you couldn't really tell what was what.
Shutter: 1/250
Aperture: f/3.8
Focal Length: 9.4 mm
ISO: 100


 This is a spider web I found, as soon as I saw it I knew I wanted a picture of it. I like how you can see the threads stretched through the web. I actually walked through a spider web while I was at the Arboretum.
Shutter: 1/60
Aperture: f/4.6
Focal Length: 13.1 mm
ISO: 200


 I took a picture of the tree because the sun was shining through the tree tops and the tree's shape really made it interesting. I like how the bigger tree really brought destruction in its path by bringing down a smaller tree. That smaller tree has buds too and it still wants to grow.
Shutter: 1/125
Aperture: f/3.1
Focal Length: 6.3 mm
ISO: 100


 I really like this picture because the tree root is in an odd shape and then there is the little pebbles under the water poking out. Plus the reflection looks really cool.
Shutter: 1/40
Aperture: f/3.1
Focal Length: 6.3 mm
ISO: 200


 When I started with this picture it was a bunch of mud so I turned it black and white and tried to crop it as best I could. I think turning it black and white really helped with the swirls and it is less distracting.
Shutter: 1/100
Aperture: f/3.1
Focal length: 6.3 mm
ISO: 200


 I really like the colors in this picture, all the rocks are brightly colored and you can see under the water. The sun is shining on the water too which makes the rocks brighter.
Shutter: 1/80
Aperture: f/3.1
Focal Length: 6.3 mm
ISO: 100


I really like how the water ripples in between the rocks and you can see the algae under the water. This picture was originally about the top rock with algae on it but I cropped the picture differently and the subject became something else. The picture became something pretty cool.
Shutter: 1/30
Aperture: f/3.1
Focal Length: 6.3 mm
ISO: 200

1 comment: