Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Photographers Report


Thomas Hallstein

Even though I couldn’t find a lot of information about Thomas Hallstein I really like his work. He takes a lot of pictures of nature and landscapes, and those are my favorite subjects.  his pictures lighting is everything, lots of the pictures are of landscapes with sunsets and sunrises. His pictures give me a sense of happiness or peacefulness. The first picture I found is of water falling off a tree. This picture makes me feel calm and peaceful, I love the colors and how bright the green is. Plus I like how the water hits the rocks and it makes me wonder where the water is coming from. Is it raining out or is it a natural waterfall?

The second picture I found is of a tree in the fall. I love the colors, they are so bright and there are leaves everywhere in the picture. This picture makes me feel happy; the colors just put a smile on my face. I think how the tree is sideways really helps with the composition. It’s interesting how the tree goes from top right to bottom left. This picture makes me ask is the hill tilted or is the camera tilted? Another question I have is where is Thomas? Is he in Wisconsin or North Dakota? If there was a caption on the picture it might help to add more information.

There’s another picture that I really liked. It’s called “Between Heaven and Earth.” It looks like there’s land in the sky. There’s clouds and blue all around the land. I don’t understand how he took that picture but I love it! It’s a really peaceful picture but it makes me automatically ask questions like where was it taken? How did he take it? Why does it look the way it does? All of Thomas Hallsteins’ pictures make me ask questions. They are all wonderful though.

http://www.outsight.com/portfolio.php










I really like these pictures and I chose three because I liked all three and couldn't pick just two.

No comments:

Post a Comment